Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of Processing/proj_tidy


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Oct 9, 2014 12:26:40 PM (5 years ago)
Author:
knpa
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Processing/proj_tidy

    v1 v1  
     1= proj_tidy.sh =
     2
     3Lives here:
     4~arsf/usr/bin/proj_tidy.sh
     5
     6It is modular, and it's modules live here:
     7~arsf/usr/bin/proj_tidy/
     8
     9Also present there are regex/templates. These are designed to hold filename/folder structure information for each year. This is because we use proj_tidy to archive flights in previous years. We want to make sure these are standard for a given year but we don't care if they change in-between years (which things do). We therefore need a record of past conventions. The regex files are used by proj_tidy, the templates are the same thing but in a form where things like flightDay can be readily inserted to build correct paths/names. I think this was so proj_tidy can give suggested changes so you can copy and paste without having to correct it manually, but this has not yet been implemented. For pre-2011 an older version of proj_tidy is ran (proj_tidy_old.sh), this is because the project structure/filename conventions were originally hardcoded into the script. When we changed to APL in 2011, I decided to rewrite proj_tidy in the new, flexible year format, and kept the old one around for 2010 stuff. If you run the regular proj_tidy on something pre-2011, it will call proj_tidy_old instead.
     10
     11
     12