Opened 12 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#135 closed flight processing (fixed)

ET07/07, flight day 029/2008, Lake Tana Box1 EW

Reported by: mark1 Owned by: mggr
Priority: alpha 4 high Milestone: 2008 data processing completion
Component: Processing: general Keywords:
Cc: Other processors:

Description (last modified by mark1)

Data Location: ~arsf/arsf_data/in_progress/2008/flight_data/ethiopia/ET07_07-2008_029_box1_EW

Data arrived from ARSF via SATA disk on 6 March 2008.

Scientific details:

~arsf/arsf_data/in_progress/2008/ARSF_Applications/Ethiopia/ET07_07 - Dr Bates.pdf

PI: R Bates

Sensors

  • Eagle (data delivered 4th June 2008)
  • Hawk (data delivered 4th June 2008)

Change History (13)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by mark1

Applanix processing completed and located on windows machine

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by mark1

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by mark1

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by mark1

Ciopy of email sent to find out why logsheet details different to data files:

Hi Guys

We're just looking at some of this Ethiopia data, namely the 029_08_et07-07_Box1_ew data set, and the Eagle and Hawk flight lines in the data set dont seem to agree at all with the logsheet details. The timestamps of the files are an hour or so earlier, as are the number of files, to the ones shown in the logsheet. The files on the logsheet are numbered 18-25 whereas the files in the dataset are 1-13. We've checked Daphne and we have an identical copy of the data that you have. I've looked at one of the raw files in Envi and it looks like Ethiopia. I know it was a while ago now but can you remember if anything strange happened on this day?

Cheers

Mark

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by mark1

Phil forwarded us a new copy of the logsheet which has resolved this above issue.

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by benj

  • Owner mggr deleted

comment:7 Changed 12 years ago by benj

  • Owner set to benj

comment:8 Changed 12 years ago by benj

Hawk lines Agn1, 001 and 003 and Eagle line Agn1 all got trashed somewhere along the line - we have some files for these (some combination of log/nav/hdr) but no raw data files, so we can't process them.

Also, for some reason the Hawk data for this flight got split across two disks, with the file numbering restarted between them. I've disentangled them and renamed files appropriately, as below:

  • line Agn1: originally hawk/disk_R/*-1.*, no name change (moved to hawk/). No raw data file.
  • line 001: originally hawk/disk_R/*-2.*, no name change (moved to hawk/). No raw data file (.log file only).
  • line 002: originally hawk/disk_R/*-3.*, no name change (moved to hawk/).
  • line 003: originally hawk/disk_R/*-4.*, no name change (moved to hawk/). No raw data file (.nav file only).
  • Line 004: originally hawk/disk_B/*-1.*, changed to hawk/*-5.*
  • Line 005: originally hawk/disk_B/*-2.*, changed to hawk/*-6.*
  • Line 006: originally hawk/disk_B/*-3.*, changed to hawk/*-7.*
  • Line 007: originally hawk/disk_B/*-4.*, changed to hawk/*-8.*
  • Line 008: originally hawk/disk_B/*-5.*, changed to hawk/*-9.*
  • Line 009: originally hawk/disk_B/*-6.*, changed to hawk/*-10.*
  • Line 010: originally hawk/disk_B/*-7.*, changed to hawk/*-11.*
  • Line 011: originally hawk/disk_B/*-8.*, changed to hawk/*-12.*
  • Line E/W: originally hawk/disk_B/*-9.*, changed to hawk/*-13.*

File hawk/disk_B/SWIR2008029a-10.nav was also present, but had no other associated files nor any associated flightline on the flight log sheet. I have deleted this.

Note also that no flight altitudes have been recorded on the logsheet - I have used the target altitude (2000m) as the altitude for all lines. Line E/W had no speed recorded, I have used the target speed (165kts) for this line.

comment:9 Changed 12 years ago by benj

  • Owner changed from benj to mark1

Delivery directory created and filled at ~benj/scratch/ET07_07-2008_029_box1_EW/delivery/20080528/ET07-07

comment:10 Changed 12 years ago by mark1

  • Owner changed from mark1 to benj

Delivery checked and minor changes to Read_me, data looks good.
rsynced over to ~arsf/arsf_data/in_progress/2008/flight_data/ethiopia/ET07_07-2008_029_box1_EW/

original hawk files (disk B/ disk R) replaced with hawk files as above.

comment:11 Changed 12 years ago by mark1

  • Description modified (diff)

Delivery of data on hard disk to PI on 4th June 2008

comment:12 Changed 12 years ago by benj

  • Owner changed from benj to mggr

Ready for archiving

comment:13 Changed 10 years ago by mggr

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Data sent to NEODC for archiving.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.